About the role
As the Contract Administrator, you assist in the preparations for the quotations and letting of contracts and provide contract administration services to assist in the organisation's control of contract costs.
The successful applicant's responsibilities will include:
- Conduct initial negotiations with subcontractors to clarify the organisation's conditions relating to contracts for prospective projects.
- Draft explanatory material to accompany requests for quotations from subcontractors for projects.
- Participate in the review and pre-selection of tenders.
- Maintain a register of subcontractors.
- Provide support services to operations staff to ensure effective contract administration.
- Process and recommend progress claims for work completed and refer disputed claims by subcontractors to the Contracts Manager for decision.
Skills and experience
Our ideal applicant will possess:
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills
- 3-6 years demonstrated experience in construction contracts administration
- Cert IV Contracts Administration/Diploma of Project Management or relevant tertiary qualification